Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Avengers props

Hi! It's Rose.
Boo is taking a nap, so now is my chance to post. Boo doesn't approve of me writing about non hamster -related things on "his" blog.

I have been working on some replicas of the props Loki has in the Avengers.
So far, I have his spear, and his muzzle. Ok, the muzzle is not technically his, but he is forced to wear it when he is defeated. And it looks cool.

My spear is made of cardboard, with a real tree branch in the middle to hold it up and to give it some weight. The blue gem is made of Sculpy™ clay.  The whole thing is secured with blue tape.
Lots of blue tape.

 I like to paint everything over white first, because it makes a nice basic starting point. Then I go over it again with colors. The body of the spear is Raw Sienna mixed with Metallic Gold. Then I put a thin coat of just plain Metallic Gold over it. The blade is Metallic silver mixed with black, and then some Metallic Silver dabbed over it to give a cool effect.

The muzzle is made of Sculpy clay too, and then painted Metallic Silver. Then I put a little black & silver mixture in the cracks, just to look more real. Then I glued on straps of black elastic.
I wil actually wear this muzzle, so I added a piece of black felt on the inside just to make it comfy.
Sorry I don't have any pictures of the pre-paint muzzle, I forgot to take some.

Here are pictures of the spear...




    ...And the muzzle.  Thanks for reading!
                        -Rose

1 comment: